A Note From Our Principal
The Future Of Dayton Starts Here
Mission: To design engaging work that results in profound learning for all.
Vision: Our school works as a supportive team within a nurturing environment in order to ensure all students are actively involved in reaching their highest potential as lifelong learners.
1) All students can learn more when provided quality engaging work
2) Everyone deserves a physically and emotionally safe learning environment
3) Educators are leaders, designers and guides to instruction
4) In encouraging and supporting parent participation
Wogaman 5-8 School
920 McArthur Avenue
Dayton, Ohio 45417
Nelson Stone, Principal
A Note from our Principal
Dear Wogaman Elk Family:
My Name is Nelson M. Stone, Jr. and I would like to thank you for allowing me to serve as your Principal here at Wogaman 5-8. I come to you with an extensive history in Dayton Public Schools. Graduate of Colonel White High School, Assistant Principal Fairview Middle School, Principal Meadowdale High School, and Principal Rosa Parks PreK8. I am a proud product and employee of Dayton Public Schools where Dreams are Reality. I would like to welcome all of you to the 2013-2014 school year.
Wogaman will still remain an essential piece of the Dunbar Early College Academy Cluster along with Louise Troy. We will be working endlessly to prepare our students for the global competition of high school, college and beyond. This is no easy task and cannot be done by the school alone. This task is one that requires and equal effort from student, parent, and school staff. Together we can accomplish anything.
Wogaman will be implementing Place-Based Instruction as the focal learning model. Place-Based is a project centered curriculum that utilizes the environment and community to link the instruction to relevant areas of students’ lives. This process will require students to expand upon their normal thoughts and create unique solutions and take actions that further develop their skills and knowledge.
The staff and I stand in anticipation of the opportunity and promise another school year brings. As educators we cherish the opportunity to make a difference in the life of a child. Please assist us in our efforts to provide every child with the first class education he/she deserves.
- Our school Day starts at 7:30 and ends at 2:00, (This is 15 minutes earlier than 2012-2013). Students will be permitted to enter the building for breakfast at 7:15.
- All students are required to be in school uniform (8th & 7th Grade Khaki Tan Pants, Shorts, Skirts and Dark Blue collared shirts), (6th & 5th Grade, Khaki Tan Pants, Shorts, Skirts and Light Blue Collared Shirts). All pants, shorts with belt loops MUST be worn with a belt at the waistline. Sandals and Flip-Flops are not permitted.
- Attendance is key to achievement. All tardies and absences must be followed with a note to avoid truancy issues. (937.524.5892 Mrs. Harris Attendance)
- 2013-2014 Annual Meeting will take place on Monday, August 19, 2013 from 5:00-7:00 at Wogaman. Come out and me the staff and see the state of Wogaman.
If there any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to call the school @ 542-5890. We look forward to an eventful year of Wogaman Elks Making Great Strides. See you soon!!
Nelson M. Stone, Jr. - Principal
Thu, 05 Dec 2013
Blueberry mini pancakes, Orange juice, Milk
Two cheese and pepperoni pizza, Romaine salad w/ light dressing, Strawberry applesauce, Milk
Fri, 06 Dec 2013
Cinnamon waffle, Orange juice, Milk
Hamburger on whole-grain bun, Baked beans, Orange wedges, Milk