Office of Public Information
115 South Ludlow Street, 115-S
Dayton OH 45402
Tel. (937) 542-3052
Fax (937) 542-3053
The Office of Public Information is responsible for oversight and coordination of the district's internal and external communication efforts. The Office of Public Information works with an internal information network through regular contact with the district's schools and special centers to gather and disseminate the good news about DPS for general release and publication. Our department is on call to assist schools and departments with everything from event planning and publicity to news conferences and crisis communication.
Departmental publications include the following:
- Back-to-School Reporter's Notebook - This award-winning compilation of news and general information is prepared for local news reporters at the start of each school year and serves as a handy reference throughout the year.
- News releases – Releases are sent to all print and electronic news outlets, staff and community leaders and posted on our Web site to share the progress, mission and successes of Dayton Public Schools.
- Specialty publications – The Office of Public Information works with schools and departments to publish program brochures, mailers and other items for information, promotional or recruitment purposes.
- Media relations - The Office of Public Information works proactively with local print and broadcast media to promote district issues and accomplishments. We also serve as a timely and accurate source of information, arrange interviews and provide background when reporters are on deadline for stories they initiate.
- Website - The Office of Public Information updates messages to keep news, events, images and other district information fresh and relevant for our staff, our families and others who want to learn more about our district.
Send Us Your Story
DPS TV/WDPS FM
David H. Ponitz Career Technology Center
741 Washington St.
Dayton OH 45402
Tel. (937) 542-7182 Fax (937) 542-6714
Ken Kreitzer, Team Leader – (937) 542-7195
Pat Battle, Office Manager – (937) 542-7182
Jennifer Bryant, Production Specialist – (937) 542-7218
Scott Marshall, Production Specialist – (937) 542-7219
Deborah Pitstick, Instructor – (937) 542-7225
Chris Hartley, WDPS FM Music Director – (937) 542-6723
The WDPS FM and DPS TV stations are operated by sophomore, junior, and senior students enrolled in the Radio/Television/Digital Design career tech program. Students are instructed on how to plan, operate and post produce radio and television productions.
To request services from DPS TV or WDPS FM:
DPS staff should contact the stations as soon as possible. Requests are scheduled on a first come first served basis. Please contact us at least two weeks in advance of any event you would like videotaped.
Studios and offices of DPS TV and WDPS FM may be reached by calling 542-7182.